The Council of the Institute consists of a maximum of eight (8) and a minimum of six (6) members elected by postal ballot, plus
- the Chairperson of the Standards Board;
- the immediate Past President or a Past President appointed by the Council to fill the position;
- Presidents:Regions/divisions or their authorised representatives of the registered regions and divisions; and
- Chairpersons or their authorised representatives of the admitted organisations.
The Council annually elects from it's members an Executive Management (admitted members excluded) which consists of the:
- Executive President
- Executive Vice-President
- Treasurer, and one other additional member.